Environmental Management Plan
An Environmental Management Plan for Solid Waste
are several kinds of environmental management plans and programs dealing
with different aspects of the environment. The problem of efficiently
disposing of solid wastes is a major problem. In this article is discussed
an environment management program for solid waste disposal.
Environmental Management Plan No.01
An Environmental Management Plan for Solid Waste Disposal is depicted
below in a format which is drawn from its objective and targets. Environment
Management Plan takes place through both short term and long term measures.
The Environment Management Plan is monitored under the heads of present
status, responsibilities and target dates.
Objective Solid waste disposal
Present Status Stored in unidentified condition on land
Target Identification of sites for various wastes, construction of storage
sheds and disposal thereof.
Responsibility Section Head
(A) Environmental Management Plan for Solid Waste Disposal
Through Short Term Measures
- Segregation of present waste and initiating of disposal action.
- Identification of the site depending on the type of waste.
- Putting placards
- Issuing instructions to all including contractors for dumping waste in
specified areas or sites.
- Disposal of waste as per procedure.
- Work to start from --/--/-- as per SI No. ---
(B) Environmental Management Plan for Solid Waste Disposal
Through Long Term Measures
- Putting of proposal for construction of permanent sites.
- Approval of proposal by competent authority and seeking financial
approval by concerned authority.
- Construction of site as per proposal to start from --/--/--
- Construction of site as per proposal to end on --/--/--
- Issuing instructions to all including contractors dumping waste in
- Disposal of waste as per Procedure ---, SI No. --- to start from
[The picture used in this article has been taken from
the photo library of stock.xchng.]
More Articles by Dr Dilip Ganguly